Thursday, February 9, 2017

READY PLAYER ONE NEW EDITION

My favorite book of the last few years has been Ernie Cline's Ready Player One. Not only is it a fun sci-fi take on the Willy Wonka premise, but all of the trials and riddles the protagonist must solve are steeped in 1980s pop culture. Ernie, who also wrote the Star Wars-inspired movie Fanboys, struck gold when he sold the book (his first novel) and Steven Spielberg snatched it up as his next project. They are filming right now! And if that's not awesome enough news, John Williams will be scoring the film! I've been so excited for Ernie. And as a huge fan of the book, I've collected editions from all over the world (Space Invaders are a common cover design motif). I even have a special copy of the first edition that has been signed by many people referenced in the novel- my own personal quest to celebrate the book and connect with the culture of my youth. Now that I finished writing my 1960s spy novel,  I'm inspired to write my next book about the late 1970s and 1980s. Meeting up with my heroes through RPO has been super fun and good preparation to write. So why bring this up now? Ready Player One was just released in a new Large Print edition this week. Check it out at Amazon. Congrats to Ernie Cline on the continuing success of his badass book. Enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment